Friday, June 17, 2011

Dahi Baigan (Eggplant in Yogurt)

Ingredients :
Yogurt -250 gms
Eggplant -1 small cut lengthwise
Salt -to taste
Cumin -1/2 tsp (roasted and powdered)
Oil -to fry

Method :
Sprinkle salt on the eggplant pieces and leave aside for 10-15 mins.Drain water.Heat oil in a pan and fry the eggplant pieces till golden brown.Keep aside on a kitchen towel to soak all the excess oil.In a bowl whisk yogurt and salt till no lump remains. In a serving dish pour the whisked yogurt.Layer the eggplant pieces on the top.Sprinkle the cumin powder and serve.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I will try this eggplant yogurt think its delicious. Thank you for the ingredients you shared here. Keep posting!


catering service philippines

Madhusmita Panda said...

@Zonia Cruz: Do let me know how it turned out.Happy cooking !!

samali said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
aimtufa9@gmail.com said...

Nice job, it’s a great post. The info is good to know! recipes brown rice Your post is providing good information. I liked it and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates. I really appreciated this post. Just want to say thank you for the information you have shared. Just continue writing this kind of post. read me This type of article is interesting and fun to read. I like reading and I am always searching for informative info like this. visit my website the time to read or take a look at the material or web sites we’ve linked to below the